Symposium on Advanced Wound Care Spring 2022
April 6-10, 2022, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
We are proud to sponsor and attend the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) Spring, a leading event in wound care dedicated to providing better care and better outcomes. Dr. Mitch Sanders, Alira Health’s Chief Scientific Officer, will be joining the event as speaker and moderator for the following sessions:
Biomaterials in Wound Healing And Tissue Regeneration
- 9:15 Encapsulation of MSCs in Self-Assembling Peptide Hydrogels with Activity Against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) Promotes Faster Wound Closure and Improves Tissue Regeneration in a Clean and Pathogen-Contaminated Type I Diabetic (STZ-induced) Mouse Model
- 9:25 3D Hydrogel System For Tailoring Stem Cell Biologics To Improve The Re-Epithelialization Of Wounds
- 9:35 A Novel Fibromodulin-Releasing Granular Hydrogel For Functional Tendon Injury Recovery
- 9:45 Application of No Releasing Gel Increases Fibronectin, TGF-β1, and Accelerates Wound Healing in Diabetic Mice
- 9:55 A Tissue-Engineered Cellular Construct Polarizes Macrophages Towards A Complex M1-M2 Phenotype
- 10:05 Ex Vivo And In Vivo Analysis Of A First-In-Class Antibioifilm Polyurethane Foam For Use In Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
WHS Plenary Session: Advances in Wound PoC Diagnostics
Clinical signs of wound infection (redness, heat, swelling, and pain) and improper healing are insufficient for proper diagnosis and treatment of chronic wounds due to the complexity of the wounds and polymicrobial biofilms. New biomarkers exist that can guide the caregiver for the best regimen of care. The speakers will provide some insights of the current best practices for diagnosing wound imbalance and infection as well as future biomarkers that may provide clues to improved homeostasis of the wound.
- A Novel Hyaluronic Acid Matrix Quells the Inflammatory Phase through the Activation of NFkB, TNF-a
- Arg1 to Accelerate Wound Healing in a Diabetic Mouse Preclinical Model
Dr. Mitch SandersChief Scientific Officer Mitchell is the Chief Scientific Officer for Alira Health as well as WoundForce Inc. LLC and the CEO for Firefly Innovations LLC. He is an expert in wound care, antimicrobials, and 3D bio printing, with 15 peer-reviewed publications and 40 worldwide patents in diagnostics, pharma, and medical devices. Mitchell is also a senior member of the Wound Healing Society (WHS).