THE ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT ROLE
The Associate Consultant is a key member of the case team and actively takes part in solving challenging client question related to market opportunities assessments, growth strategies, commercial due diligences, target search or transactions. Associate Consultants are responsible of full parts of project streams, developing and delivering components of the client engagement and contribute to the success of each project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
• Organizes and independently runs exhaustive primary and secondary research, analyzes and synthetizes data of healthcare companies, products and trends around the globe.
• Interprets analysis outcomes and identifies broader issues arising from the above analysis.
• Deliver key insights of the primary and secondary research in an appropriate presentation format.
• Develops well-structured primary interview guides and conducts primary interviews about different themes in the healthcare industry.
• Identify and recommend sources, market studies, and databases to augment and update Alira Health’s knowledge base.
• Monitor and report important developments, initiatives, news, legislation, corporate activities and M&A transactions to analyze the impact of these actions on strategies and business plans.
• Structure and prepare strategy consulting deliverables, including company portfolio and strategy analyses, market analyses, and business development recommendations.
• Help form and structure hypotheses to address client questions.
• Work with team to develop and refine recommendations.
• Develop and edit slide presentations or other communications to convey insights and recommendations of team.
• Participate in firm development by contributing to recruiting, knowledge management, technology systems, and related functions.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Graduate degree from a top-ranked university, in either Business Economics, Finance, Life Sciences/Engineering related programs.
• 1 to 3 years of relevant professional experience in management consulting or corporate strategy.
• Broad understanding of healthcare industry concepts and challenges (trends, key metrics, sales organization, pricing, reimbursement regulatory and clinical, general market access).
• Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve unstructured or ambiguous challenges.
• Excellent business English, both written and verbal. Additional language is a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
• Self-starter who thrives in collaborative, yet less structured team environment
• Potential supervisory role of Associates and Analysts