GLOBAL MARKET ACCESS ACTIVITIES
The Global Market Access team at Alira Health brings together an international team of professionals with deep knowledge of European and American health systems, all passionate about their topics: ranging from Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursement, Health Economics and Outcome Research to Real-World Evidence for the Pharmaceutical and MedTech industries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
We are looking for a Global Market Access Director to join our dynamic, high-performance and multi-cultural team.
As Director, you will support the development of payer value deliverables and market access strategies for clients, across a diverse portfolio of therapeutic areas.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills. They should possess sufficient technical skills to own and independently execute individual project tasks.
The primary responsibilities are to support the development and execution of payer value and market access strategies for pharmaceutical clients at a global or regional level by :
• Developing global value dossiers, value stories, payer value propositions, objection handlers and advisory board briefing books.
• Identifying evidence gaps in clinical data needed for optimal reimbursement and design appropriate strategies to generate payer-relevant data.
• Reviewing country-specific health-technology-assessment (HTA) reports to identify payer needs and inform clinical trial development.
• Defining the payer value proposition in line with the product/brand strategy.
• Translating payer value propositions into pricing and reimbursement (P&R) dossiers, considering the specificities of each individual market.
• Supporting the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
• Conducting primary payer research to anticipate payer needs.
• Conducting secondary research to identify and collect information on specific therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes.
• Engaging with clients in team meetings and presentations.
• Developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of therapeutic area strategies, disease areas, the P&R landscape, and reimbursement rules in the US and ex-US (e.g. major EU markets and Canada).
Additional responsibilities include the expansion of the Global Market Access practice area, on both client portfolio and team management sides:
• Drive new business ideas and consolidate / expand the Global Market Access health economics and market access client portfolio.
• Identify and generate new sales leads. Research organizations and individuals to identify potential new leads and markets.
• Attend networking events such as relevant conferences and meetings.
• Build and manage the team and be involved with leadership decisions.
• Ensure personal and professional development of all team members.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• At least seven years of experience within healthcare consultancy companies, pharmaceutical industry or health technology assessment (HTA) agencies in market access, pricing, and health economics-related projects or medical writing
• Advanced university degree in pharmacy, life sciences or health-economics, including specializations in market access, health economics, outcomes research, epidemiology, public health or related fields.
• Experience developing global value dossiers, value stories, payer value propositions, objection handlers and advisory board briefing books.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills (both internally and with clients).
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to draw payer-relevant strategic recommendations.
• Ability to understand and clearly convey complex clinical trial, economic, and commercial data.
• Very good attention to detail.
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to accommodate changing priorities and deliver high quality during tight timelines.
• Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
• Fluency in oral and written English (any additional language would be beneficial).
ALIRA HEALTH OFFERINGS
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of health economics, market access, pricing and reimbursement and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. We also provide training and career development opportunities within Alira Health and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.