The Associate Manager/Manager is a critical member of the Alira Health case team and has demonstrated leadership and well-developed consulting skills on a variety of project types and is ready to take on more of a leadership role. The Associate Manager/Manager excels at working on multiple projects simultaneously while also acting as a valuable mentor and coach to more junior team members. The Associate Manager/Manager works with project teams and directly with clients to implement a broad vision for each project and ensure the needs of our clients are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the formulation of hypotheses for research and investigation, and the advanced analysis of client, competitor, and industry data.
- Lead the entire team to synthesize analyses into key findings and actionable recommendations and participate in delivering these in client presentations.
- Play a key role in client engagements, managing projects to define client needs, and supervising research activities to obtain relevant data.
- Lead, contribute to and manage the production of professional, thorough, rigorous, and insightful analyses and strategic outputs (particularly in PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Apply knowledge of business principles, develop actionable recommendations and supervise workstreams including strategy consulting deliverables, company portfolio and strategy analyses, market analyses, and business development recommendations.
- Provide leadership and management to teams and individuals to develop and produce client-ready work products for projects.
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate complex data-related issues clearly and succinctly to both internal colleagues and external clients.
- Contribute to the professional growth of junior consultants through effective mentoring of team members.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Graduate degree from a top-ranked university, in either Business Economics, Finance, Life Sciences/Engineering related programs.
- 4+ years of professional experience in management consulting or corporate strategy, with experience at managing small project teams and handling basic client interactions.
- Exceptional project management, analytical, and quantitative problem-solving skills, and demonstrates leadership abilities in a team environment.
- Able to efficiently and effectively manage clients, teams, and complex projects and deliver professional results to clients on time and on budget.
- Comfortable with and adept at modeling, analyzing, synthesizing, and presenting data and information.
- Management experience and a team-oriented approach are essential.
- Demonstrated passion for health care or the life sciences is essential.
- An active interest in commercial strategy or the business side of health care is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve unstructured or ambiguous challenges.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, yet less structured team environment