As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for performing all the activities that are adequate to grow the business of CROS NT including cold calling, client & vendor management, preparation, conduct and follow-up of conference attendance and exhibition, events, company presentations, quotations, budget proposals and bid defense meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- To identify, contact and visit potential clients and partners within the assigned territories.
- To communicate regularly and network with client representatives, key industry people and vendors
- To pick up requests for information (RFI) and requests for proposal (RFP).
- To present/ moderate/ facilitate at bid defense meetings and other company presentations.
- To achieve for and negotiate confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, and contracts or service orders with clients, partners and vendors.
- To collaborate with and hand over new projects to project managers
- To promote strategic selling concepts.
- To manage events of the CROS NT Group in collaboration with event management partners.
- To follow up on industry news, market conditions, client’s financial status and technology changes.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years previous experience in business development in the Life Sciences field
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with external advisors and financial institutions
- Selling and negotiating skills, market knowledge
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, another European language is a plus