The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is a member of the Data Analytics team. The BI Developer works with the team of Data Science to develop the front-end components and dashboards to enable client on accessing and consuming business analytics. The BI Developer will be responsible for the maintenance of the client portal and for the development of Tableau dashboards using the embedded analytics functionalities provided by the technology.
The final solutions will implement the business logics developed by Alira Health on scientific, epidemiological and market data with the aim to identify market opportunities for clients and internal use, facilitating the transition from traditional consulting model to a consulting-as-a-service approach. The BI Developer will participate to the phases of design, development and maintenance of the solutions providing technical expertise and a business mindset.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design Tableau dashboards intercepting the business requirements of clients and internal team(s)
- Extract, load and transform data from different sources (Cloud databases, local files, web sites)
- Test the dashboards with real users and refine them according to the feedbacks
- Supervise Tableau server and user management
- Work in collaborations with internal and external developers to embed dashboards into web platforms
- Develop frontend components of custom web services using React and AWS Cloud components
- Maintain our customer portal (frontend)
- Participate in discussions with executive level leadership
- Perform additional duties as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related programs. PhD will be considered as a plus
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience. Previous experiences in consulting or healthcare will be considered as a plus
- Advanced skills in Tableau development. Experience in other reporting tools is a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Experience with AWS Cloud environment will be considered as a plus
- Excellent business English, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
ALIRA HEALTH OFFERINGS
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of health economics, market access, pricing and reimbursement and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. We also provide training and career development opportunities within Alira Health and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Starting date: April 2021
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.