THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST ROLE
The Business Development Specialist will be an integral member within the Alira Health Business Development team. The Specialist will have primary responsibility for attending virtual conferences, identifying, and engaging new prospective clients. They will be representing Alira Health to build a pipeline for new clients, open conversations with company leadership, qualify leads, and drive revenue for the respective business unit. Qualified leads will be brought to specific practice leaders within Alira Health for closing, contracting and execution of the engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- At the direction of Business Development management, attend and represent Alira Health at conferences to identify and engage potential new clients.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead, by internal resources or independently.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members in respective practices.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects, updating data and changes to existing accounts.
- Provide regular reporting on pipeline of new business, metrics on successful campaigns, and conference attendance results.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Proactively identify client leads across targeted markets/segments directed by Business Development management.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience a inside sales, business development or similar role.
- Good understanding of consulting, or management services industry, and multi-cultural environments.
- Knowledge of healthcare and regulatory affairs sector would be a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- The demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic, individually motivated to initiate many new client calls.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) for interacting with clients; Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, ensuring client engagement and follow-up.
- Ability to learn the healthcare environment rapidly and become fluent in our market terminology.
- Ability to learn the basic concepts of medical affairs in a regulated healthcare industry and continuously improve on acumen.
- Knowledge of working with a CRM (preferably Salesforce), and attention to detail in managing accounts through the CRM Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel).
- Permanent authorization to work in the E.U. and current passport.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Starting date: April 2021