The Consultant is a critical member of the Alira Health team. Consultants work closely with Senior Consultants, Associate Directors/Directors to solve challenging client questions.
Consultants fully own assigned analyses and work streams, develop and deliver components of the client engagement, and contribute to the success of each project.
The Consultant will primarily be involved in local French Market Access Division, such as: pre-launch local market access activities, health economics modelling, Performance Agreement modelling, dossier development for authorities (HAS, CEPS), patient pathways development, public affairs strategies, etc.
Depending on level of fluency in English, the Associate may also be called upon to collaborate with the Global Market Access team in charge of global activities: development of payer value propositions, development of global value dossiers, market access plans, primary market research, global access, and pricing strategies, etc.
Global Market Access Activity
At Alira Health, the Market Access team in France is fully embedded within the Global Market Access practice. It brings together about 10 people in France, multidisciplinary experts, with deep knowledge of the French health system and organizations, all passionate about topics ranging from Pricing and Reimbursement, Health Economics and Outcome Research, Real-World Evidence to Public Health.
The Paris Team support a wide variety of clients – Pharma and MedTech manufacturers, public payers, and healthcare providers and industry organizations – in defining innovations, optimizing treatment pathways, and improving patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Project work (>85% of time)
- Develop value dossiers and advisory board briefing books. Identify evidence gaps in clinical data for optimal reimbursement and design appropriate strategies to generate payer-relevant data.
- Define payer value propositions in line with the product/brand strategy.
- Translate payer value propositions into pricing and reimbursement (P&R) dossiers, considering the specificities of the French market.
- Conduct primary payer research to anticipate payer needs.
- Assist clients in the definition of early access strategies and the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
Health Economic and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Carry out economic modelling (cost-effectiveness, cost-utility, etc.) and budget impact modelling on health products, therapeutic or diagnostic strategies.
- Adapt economic models and budget impact models in the French context for Health Authorities.
- Carry out cost studies (burden of illness) based on outputs of the SNDS/PMSI and/or open data and/or literature reviews, in collaboration with Alira Health RWE team (located in Paris).
- Assist clients during dialogues with Health Authorities (pre-submission meetings, technical exchange, examination).
- Assist in the design, development, conduct, and/or management of primary and secondary non-interventional studies, plus appropriate communication, and tools to support access decisions.
Patient Pathway and Care Organization
- Identify access touchpoints all along the patient and healthcare journey.
- Design solutions to solve public health issues, improve patient experience and optimize health expenditures.
- Identify funding models and associated evaluation methods.
- Prepare and support discussions with institutions/health authorities.
- Characterize and measure organizational impacts of innovative drugs and medical devices throughout the patient journey.
- Prepare implementation for solutions.
- Develop platforms for policy proposals (position papers, white papers, reports, etc.) linked to market access issues.
- Define stakeholders’ engagement plans.
Business Development (up to 15% of time)
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing customers.
- Assist in the development of project proposals.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- University degree with an excellent academic record in pharmacy, life sciences, public health, or economic background. Postgraduate degree such as Master or Ph.D. in the areas of Market Access, Health Economics and Outcomes Research or Public Health are preferred.
- At least 3 years of professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry, health technology assessment (HTA) agencies, or healthcare consultancy companies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve unstructured or ambiguous challenges.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- Proven project management experience, from interaction with client through deliverable.
- Flexible to accommodate changing priorities, with a positive and “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent business French, both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Self-starter who thrives in collaborative, yet less structured team environment.
- Potential supervisory role of Associates and interns/analysts.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Few travels at customers in France and in European Alira Health offices.
- Flexible work environment, with a balance office and remote working.
- Training opportunities for personal development.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.