Alira Health is currently seeking a Corporate Controller to join the Finance Team. This position will be responsible for the direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. The controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to make the close and monthly reporting processes more efficient and accurate. Great role for somebody with strong technical accounting skills and who can bring pre and post IPO accounting experience and wants to go through the IPO process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee global accounting functions, including but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, intercompany transactions, payroll, general ledger, and taxes.
- Lead the month end close process and compile and analyze monthly financial statements in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Oversee the cash flow forecast report, sales KPI report and generate additional management reports.
- Manage four or more direct reports, providing training, growth opportunities, and performance reviews.
- Maintains relationships with a variety of vendors and suppliers, including financial institutions, external accountants, auditors, and tax authorities.
- Actively participate in the annual review process of the financials, global audit process and IPO readiness.
- Actively participate in the integration of new acquisitions including evaluating accounting and reporting policies and procedures, harmonizing those with Alira Health’s policies and procedures and reviewing and implementing process and system changes
- Assist in development and implementation of new reporting package to internal and external stakeholders through NetSuite.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA certification preferred but not required in lieu of experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a senior level accounting position with a mix of public accounting and public or private company experience
- Experience with IPO readiness, internal controls and SOX compliance
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and reporting requirements
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
- Strong ERP systems experience, preferably in NetSuite
- Experience working in a highly matrixed, cross-functional and international environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and polished interpersonal skills.