The Global Market Access (GMA) Director is a member of the Alira Health Global Market Access Team. He/she leads a team of Consultants in complex global projects ranging from Pricing and Reimbursement, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, and Public Health. He/she will be part of the Italian GMA Leadership Team.
The Global Market Access Director will collaborate with the Global Market Access Team, the Global Patient Engagement Team, and the Global RWE Team of Alira Health in the different Alira Health offices, to better serve the integrated needs of clients in a patient focused structured approach. He/she will lead the project teams to deliver best-in-class Market Access, Pricing, and HEOR assignments for our (mainly) global clients (60%). The Global Market Access Director will provide leadership to the assigned teams (20%), and at the same time, ensuring capacity for Business Development activities (20%).
On an ad hoc basis, the Global Market Access Director may also collaborate with other core functions of the organization, including Management Consulting, Regulatory, Digital, and Transaction Advisory Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Project work (up to 60%) – Execution of Market Access Strategies
- Supports the development of global/regional market access, health economics modelling, reimbursement and pricing strategies for top pharmaceutical companies
- Supports clients in the definition of early access strategies and in the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/ or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas
- Defines the payer value communication strategy (payer value proposition and payer objection handler) in line with the product/brand strategy
- Develops and maintains an in-depth understanding of therapeutic area strategies, disease areas, the P&R landscape, and reimbursement rules in the US and ex-US (e.g. major EU markets and Canada)
- Supports clients to design and run strategic meetings/workshops with internal and external stakeholders
- Partners with clients in content-related meeting activities, such as advisory board/brand meetings, briefing materials and presentations
- Maintains and optimizes client relationships from start to finish and may serve as the main point of contact;
- Engages with clients in team meetings and presentations
- Serves as lead on assigned project(s), managing the project timelines, resources, budgets, and level of effort
- Oversees the development of market access, pricing, reimbursement and health economics deliverables, and ensures high quality deliverables and optimal team alignment and resources.
Leadership & Talent Development (up to 20%)
- Provides oversight and direction to staff aligned with the organization’s policies/procedures, vision, mission statement, and values. Communicates organization information appropriately
- Works with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire the appropriate number of employees (as applicable) and to ensure a well managed new employee onboarding
- Supervises and coaches (senior) consultants, and indirectly, associates, interns/analysts in their continuous learning and further career development planning
- Conducts performance reviews as aligned with the Company Performance Management processes, including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning
- Is involved with leadership decisions and the strategic development of the team.
Business Development (up to 20%)
- Meets budget objectives (sales and gross margin) jointly with the VP
- Attends networking events, such as relevant conferences and meetings
- Reaches out to organizations/individuals to identify new potential business leads and generates new projects opportunities
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations, and leads the development of customized quotes and proposals
- Drives new business ideas and consolidates/expands the health economics and market access client portfolio.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- University degree with an excellent academic record in pharmacy, life sciences, medicine, economics, statistics or biomedical engineering. Postgraduate degree such as a Master in Public Health/ Health Economics, Ph.D or MBA is preferred
- Fluency in oral and written English (any additional language would be beneficial).
Will be a plus:
- Strong experience in pricing, reimbursement and global market access either in a consultancy or industry (corporate-level) and highly engaged in expanding their knowledge
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand customer challenges
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and sound judgment
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to accommodate changing priorities and to deliver high quality projects with tight timelines
- Line management experience or expertise driving team processes/training.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Flexible work environment, with a balance of office and remote working
- Ability to travel internationally to customers and Alira Health offices.
ALIRA HEALTH BENEFITS
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of market access, pricing and reimbursement and health economics, and the opportunity to work in a talented and committed growing team of individuals. We also provide training and career development opportunities within Alira Health and a competitive total compensation (e.g., competitive salary, complementary pension funds, complementary health funds, complementary bonus) and benefits package.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.