DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL MARKETING JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Global Marketing will collaborate with global teams to develop, lead, execute and measure Alira Health’s marketing strategy. Alira Health is in the midst of a significant evolution, operationally and culturally, and we are seeking a marketing leader who can articulate a short- and longer-term strategic vision while prioritizing and executing current initiatives. Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Global Marketing will lead a small team of integrated marketers to raise brand awareness, support the business development team, provide quality, consistent internal communication, and help position Alira Health as an employer of choice.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Global Marketing Strategy and Implementation
• Develop, lead and execute Alira Health’s marketing strategy to increase brand awareness and expand market share. Collaborating with business development team, develop integrated market awareness and demand generation campaigns using competitive analysis, global segmentation, brand positioning and verbal and visual branding to convey Alira Health’s value proposition.
• Establish tracking, measurement, and analytics mechanisms to track and measure progress against strategic goals. Develop executive level dashboard.
• Manage timelines, budgets, and internal and external resources.
• Leveraging an internal team of industry experts, this role will lead the development, execution and optimization of inbound digital media strategies that meaningfully connect Alira Health with its varied audiences across all of its channels, including websites, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Direct digital marketing activities include thought leadership and inbound marketing; digital collateral; ongoing evolution of the Alira Health website and social media properties; and related marketing projects that advance Alira Health initiatives.
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of trends, best practices, changing market dynamics and prevailing attitudes and approaches and how to position Alira Health to increase leads and opportunities.
• Lead competitive tracking efforts to keep the team current on emerging competitors and related data and positioning.
• Drive Alira Health presence at selected key congresses and education initiatives for healthcare professionals in close partnership with global cross-functional stakeholders and regional leadership.
• Research, recommend and facilitate speaking opportunities, memberships, sponsorships, and advertising opportunities with a strategic, long-term focus on building brand awareness.
• Work with the business development team to capture and convey value proposition for customer segments.
• Develop and/or edit marketing collateral such as whitepapers, marketing decks, and brochures.
• Facilitate content for tradeshows, websites, whitepapers, presentations, webinars and other promotions.
• Build and foster relationships with the local, national, and global media.
• Develop content for internal and external audiences, including client presentations, briefs, infographics, and business development materials.
• Ensure that publications and qualification statements are up-to-date.
• Develop and manage recruiting messaging, materials, and website content in conjunction with Alira Health’s HR team.
• Manage digital channels for attracting new talent.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• BS/BA from an undergraduate program
• 8+ years’ experience
• Experience in healthcare-life sciences marketing
• Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to succeed in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment with changing priorities
• Solutions-oriented, strong analytical skills, tech-savvy
• Outstanding oral and written English communication skills, comfortable presenting to groups
• Recognized by former peers, colleagues, managers and direct reports for attributes congruent with Alira Health Values: Integrity, Quality, Service, Achievement, Leadership
• Demonstrated ability to work well across multiple functions, geographies, time zones, and cultures
• Executive presence; able to effectively represent Alira Health
• Strong ability to influence others and manage complex ecosystem of stakeholders across the global organization, conveying excitement and creating buy-in for marketing activities
• Self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, yet less structured team environment
Preferred Candidate Attributes
• Additional scientific experience/degree
• Proficiency in English and at least one other major language
• This role has two direct reports as well as seasonal interns.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Ability to travel internationally, up to 20 percent
• Current passport
• Normal office working conditions including frequent sitting, standing, bending, twisting and computer monitor use. Occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.