The Healthcare Data Strategist is a member of the Advanced Analytics team. The Healthcare Data Strategist leads a team of Data Scientists in projects of design and development of models aiming to provide strategic guidance to Life Science companies for screening and prioritizing R&D and commercial opportunities to expand the corporate portfolio.
The Healthcare Data Strategist will collaborate with the Management Consulting division of Alira Health to understand the client needs translating them into precise methodological requirements. He/she will lead the Data Science team in the scouting of sources of scientific and market data to capture the universe of opportunities, in the design of a consistent prioritization model and in the development of Business Intelligence dashboards actionable by the client team. The Healthcare Data Strategist will support in the preparation of project proposals and in pitching clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work hand to hand with not-technical profiles to understand client objectives and needs
- Guide the team of Data Scientists through detailed activity planning and project management
- Scout and assess sources of scientific, epidemiological, patent and market data relevant for the projects
- Supervise the integration of data sources into a centralized Cloud data environment and manage the development of data processing and integration pipelines
- Develop consistent methodologies for analysing data collected from difference sources with the aim to provide strategic insights over portfolio management
- Design and manage the implementation of Business Intelligence dashboards to be provided the client team as internal tool for streamlining the company workflow
- Perform additional duties as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative disciplines. PhD or MBA will be considered as a highly valuable plus.
- Required academic or professional previous exposure to topics related to Epidemiology, computational techniques in Biology/Genetics or data intelligence for Pharma/MedTech portfolio management.
- Structured problem solving and project management capabilities
- Basic knowledge of the pharma product lifecycle and the key phases for pharmaceutical product development and approval.
- Knowledge of the most widely used public databases for epidemiological and biological data. Any previous experience with syndicated sources of market data will be considered as a plus.
- Required knowledge in Python and its packages for data analysis and web scraping (NumPy, Pandas and Selenium)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL language. Knowledge of NoSQL databases will be considered as a plus.
- Experience in the AWS ecosystem will be considered as a highly valuable plus.
- Knowledge of Tableau or other Business Intelligence technologies will be considered as a highly valuable plus.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical stakeholders in written and verbal form, including experience and level of comfort presenting concepts to senior executives
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Flexible work environment, with a balance office and remote working
- Training opportunities for personal development
- Authorization to work permanently in Spain.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.