At Alira Health, our mission is to enable healthcare transformation. We support our clients with an integrated suite of Product Development, Regulatory, Clinical, Strategy Consulting, and Transaction Advisory services. Our team of scientists, strategists, bankers, and doctors collaborate to fully understand every aspect of our clients’ businesses and offer a continuum of support to uncover opportunities, accelerate innovation, and improve outcomes for patients around the world.
We operate across seven offices located in Boston and San Francisco in the US and Barcelona, Basel, Milan, Munich, and Paris in Europe.
THE ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT ROLE
The Associate Consultant is a key member of the case team and actively takes part in solving challenging client questions related to market opportunities assessments, growth strategies, commercial due diligence, target search, or transactions. Associate Consultants are responsible for full parts of project streams, developing and delivering components of the client engagement, and contribute to the success of each project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Organizes and independently runs exhaustive primary and secondary research, analyzes and synthesizes data of healthcare companies, products, and trends around the globe.
- Interprets analysis outcomes and identifies broader issues arising from the above analysis.
- Deliver key insights of the primary and secondary research in an appropriate presentation format.
- Develops well-structured primary interview guides and conduct primary interviews about different themes in the healthcare industry.
- Identify and recommend sources, market studies, and databases to augment and update Alira Health’s knowledge base.
- Monitor and report important developments, initiatives, news, legislation, corporate activities, and M&A transactions to analyze the impact of these actions on strategies and business plans.
- Structure and prepare strategy consulting deliverables, including company portfolio and strategy analyses, market analyses, and business development recommendations.
- Help form and structure hypotheses to address client questions.
- Work with the team to develop and refine recommendations.
- Develop and edit slide presentations or other communications to convey insights and recommendations of the team.
- Participate in firm development by contributing to recruiting, knowledge management, technology systems, and related functions.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Potential to supervise Associates and Analysts
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Graduate degree from a top-ranked university, in either Business Economics, Finance, Life Sciences/Engineering related programs.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant professional experience in management consulting or corporate strategy.
- Broad understanding of healthcare industry concepts and challenges (trends, key metrics, sales organization, pricing, reimbursement regulatory and clinical, general market access).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve unstructured or ambiguous challenges.
- Excellent business English, both written and verbal. Additional language is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, yet less structured team environment.
- Authorization to work in Spain is required