The Manager Business Development, Regulatory Affairs will be an integral member within the Alira Health Business Development team. The Manager will Act as BD lead for client meetings in which Regulatory Affairs EU is of primary interest. He/She will represent Alira Health to build a pipeline for new clients, initiate engagement/conversations with company leadership, qualify leads, and drive revenue across the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Be responsible to develop a sustainable pool of clients across MedTech and Pharma.
- Be responsible for the annual BD target for Regulatory Affairs EU.
- Demonstrate expertise in the breadth and scope of Alira Health’s Regulatory Affairs practice, including team structure, service offerings, pricing, and timelines.
- Use existing contacts and network to identify potential leads to build a pipeline of potential Regulatory Affairs clients.
- Identify and engage new prospective clients from personal network and utilizing internal prospecting tools.
- Manage the creation of regulatory affairs project budgets and proposals
- Manage creation and signature of regulatory affairs work orders and change orders
- Participate in regularly scheduled calls across BD team and practices, representing Regulatory Affairs EU
- Share/transfer qualified leads to specific practice leaders within Alira Health for closing, contracting and execution of the engagement.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead, by internal resources or independently.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members in respective practices.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects, updating data and changes to existing accounts.
- Provide regular reporting on pipeline of new business, metrics on successful campaigns, and conference attendance results.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Proactively identify client leads across targeted markets/segments directed by Business Development management.
- With Marketing, develop Regulatory Affairs EU marketing plan to identify key conferences in which Alira Health Regulatory Affairs will participate.
- Interact with and support marketing with efforts to yield positive engagement with potential and existing clients.
- Support Regulatory Affairs marketing, including brochures, presentations, templates, others a needed
- With technical support from Regulatory Affairs colleagues, generate proposals for new projects based on RFPs and Regulatory Affairs -focused client calls.
- Work closely with other practice BD leads to share data and information about client contacts.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BS/BA in related biotech or pharmaceutical space with 5+ years’ experience in business development in Regulatory Affairs.
- Demonstrated planning, project management, negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) for interacting with clients; Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities along with fluctuations in workload.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team structure. Uses a team-oriented approach to project management and problem resolution. Holds self and others accountable in achieving collective goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic, individually motivated to initiate many new client calls.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, ensuring client engagement and follow-up.
- Ability to leverage its own experience and network and to learn the healthcare environment rapidly and become fluent in our market terminology.
- Knowledge of working with a CRM (e.g., Salesforce), and attention to detail in managing accounts through the CRM Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Permanent authorization to work in the E.U. and current passport.
- Ability to travel internationally