This role will be an integral member within the Alira Health Business Development team dedicated to Regulatory Affairs with a focus on the U.S.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Be responsible to develop a sustainable pool of clients across MedTech and Pharma.
- Be responsible for the annual BD target for Regulatory Affairs USA.
- Demonstrate expertise in the breadth and scope of Alira Health’s Regulatory Affairs practice, including team structure, service offerings, pricing, and timelines.
- Use existing contacts and networks to identify potential leads to build a pipeline of potential Regulatory Affairs clients.
- Act as BD lead for client meetings in which Regulatory Affairs USA is of primary interest.
- Identify and engage new prospective clients from personal networks and utilizing internal prospecting tools.
- Manage the creation of regulatory affairs project budgets and proposals
- Manage creation and signature of regulatory affairs work orders and change orders
- Represent Alira Health to build a pipeline for new clients, initiate engagement/conversations with company leadership, qualify leads, and drive revenue across the organization.
- Participate in regularly scheduled calls across BD team and practices, representing Regulatory Affairs USA practice.
- Share/transfer qualified leads to specific practice leaders within Alira Health for closing, contracting and execution of the engagement.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts:
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead, by internal resources, or independently.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members in respective practices.
- Identify decision-makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects, updating data and changes to existing accounts.
- Provide regular reporting on pipeline of new business, metrics on successful campaigns, and conference attendance results.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Proactively identify client leads across targeted markets/segments directed by Business Development management.
- With Marketing, develop Regulatory Affairs USA marketing plan to identify key conferences in which Alira Health Regulatory Affairs will participate.
- Interact with and support marketing with efforts to yield positive engagement with potential and existing clients.
- Support Regulatory Affairs marketing, including brochures, presentations, templates, others a needed
- With technical support from Regulatory Affairs colleagues, generate proposals for new projects based on RFPs and Regulatory Affairs -focused client calls.
- Work closely with other practice BD leads to sharing data and information about client contacts.
- Interface with CMC Regulatory BD team, ensuring continued synergies and sharing of client opportunities and prospects
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in related biotech or pharmaceutical space with 5+ years experience in business development in Regulatory Affairs.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities along with fluctuations in workload.
- Demonstrated planning, project management, negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team structure. Uses a team-oriented approach to project management and problem resolution. Holds self and others accountable in achieving collective goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic individually motivated to initiate many new client calls.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) for interacting with clients; Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, ensuring client engagement and follow-up.
- Ability to leverage her own experience and network and to learn the healthcare environment rapidly and become fluent in our market terminology.
- Knowledge of working with a CRM (e.g., Salesforce), and attention to detail in managing accounts through the CRM Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
ALIRA HEALTH OFFERINGS
It is the policy of Alira Health to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity/expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. Unlawful discrimination of any type, including retaliation against an individual filing a charge or making a complaint of discrimination, is not tolerated.
We offer our employees a rewarding career in the growing field of healthcare consulting and the opportunity to work in an international and entrepreneurial organization with a talented and committed team of individuals. We also provide career development opportunities within Alira Health and competitive compensation and benefits package.