Alira Health is seeking a skilled global payroll specialist with knowledge and experience in aspects of local payroll in several countries. The Global Payroll Specialist works closely across multiple key stakeholder groups within Finance, Human Resources and employees at all levels. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will own and manage Alira Health’s global payroll function.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Execute on monthly and bi-weekly payroll services for 300+ employees in seven countries.
- Prepare and process U.S. multi-state payroll on bi-weekly basis using ADP Workforce Now.
- Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, overtime, pro-rated payments, tax computations, garnishments, and benefit deductions.
- Ensure the timely processing of federal, state, and local tax filings, payments, corrections, tax notices or tax demand.
- Process 401(k), HSA/FSA, Health benefits contributions and reconciliations, and Worker’s Comp Audits as needed.
- Communicate with U.S. state agencies to register new state accounts when needed.
- Ensure correct accounting via payroll journals for U.S. and E.U., maintaining accuracy of transactions to ensure high quality outputs are always maintained.
- Ensure entry of new personnel into ERP, professional services automation application and other applications as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Perform account balance and payroll reconciliations.
- Prepare periodic payroll reports for review by management.
- Maintain a high level of security and confidentiality of employee information.
- Additional tasks as requested.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Degree in accounting, business, or a related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in payroll or a similar role.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with NetSuite and ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Other languages are a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential data.
- Research and resolve discrepancies independently.