As Principal Statistical Programmer, you will hold a combined technical and leadership position within our global statistical programming department. You will lead statistical programming projects, provide support in managing and deploying resources effectively, and work alongside the Director of Statistical Programming to maintain effective programming departments at our various locations that are focused on delivering the highest quality of programming outputs and customer care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead statistical programming activities for client and internal projects, including complex projects.
- Provide support in the maintenance of an effective statistical programming department.
- Produce and validate statistical analyses using SAS (CDISC SDTM and ADaM datasets).
- Produce and review CDISC documentation.
- Ensure compliance to SOPs, report deviations and KPIs and manage CAPAs.
- Provide guidance to the programming team on data procedures and technical standards.
- Prepare and perform internal and external training on statistical programming processes and techniques.
- Develop new programming patterns/solutions and identify/implement new techniques, tools, and products.
- Support the Director of Statistical Programming in reviewing baseline estimations and project plans Support in reviewing budget proposals.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Substantial SAS statistical programming experience.
- Previous experience as a Lead Statistical Programmer within a CRO environment.
- Previous line management / mentoring experience preferred.