We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to support our accounting and finance operations for our Italy offices. Working closely with the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the accurate, timely accounting and reporting for our Italian entities. The Senior Accountant will oversee our relationships with tax/payroll/accounting vendors, design and manage processes and controls, and collaborate with senior leadership as we grow, both organically and through acquisition.
If you are willing to perform all day-to-day accounting tasks, as well as tackle issues as they arise, create an efficient operation, and take initiative to provide management with decision-making tools, this is a great role in which to grow with us.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure correct accounting, bank accountancy and cash control.
- Record and archives the administrative documents (invoices, bank reports, payments, etc.).
- Manage and process payments, and work with Accounting Manager to establish appropriate financial controls.
- Perform intracompany reconciliation.
- Prepare invoices within the invoice procedure.
- Review and approve office and travel expenses as per defined policy.
- Suggest enhancement and process efficiency.
- Manage customers and suppliers in terms of cash collection and making payments approved.
- Ensure support to PM in managing projects in the project management system.
- Ensure support to Head of Financial Accounting for Statutory Accounts and Tax Returns, including VAT and IVA (Italy, UE, and extra UE).
- Manage third-party tax and accounting vendors to ensure accurate, timely tax payments and payroll processing.
- Manage suppliers’ contracts, develop, and maintain good vendor relationships.
- Ensure support to Head of Financial Accounting to reconcile the books monthly and to provide timely reporting to senior management and regulatory agencies.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent with 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position.
- Alternatively, a minimum of 4 years’ experience in equivalent position.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and theories of accounting/bookkeeping.
- Ability to build robust Excel models to analyze and present information.
- Basic knowledge of at least one ERP system.
- English as working language, other European languages an asset.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, including use of pivot tables.
- Work experience with US accounting standards, regulations, and systems preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting standards.
- Knowledge of Italy Statutory and Tax requirements.
- Proficient with technologies, including accounting information systems, and MS Office. Familiarity with Netsuite a plus.
- Excellent ability to prioritize, managing time effectively and observance of deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter who can resolve issues under own initiative.
- Quality focused, Compliance-focused – in policies, regulations, and laws.
- Personable Attitude, strong collaborative mindset, and ability to quickly form relationships, internally and externally.