Alira Health is an international advisory firm providing integrated strategy, execution, and innovation services for healthcare and life science companies. Our strategists, bankers, doctors and scientists collaborate to fully understand every aspect of healthcare. We provide our clients with a continuum of support leading them to achieve success at any and every point in their business lifecycle.
We operate across Europe and North America. Our consultants have international expertise in the clinical, scientific, and business challenges that come with competing in a global market.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to lead and run our accounting and finance operations for our EU offices. Working closely with the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the accurate, timely accounting and reporting for our EU entities. The Senior Accountant will oversee our relationships with tax/payroll/accounting vendors in each country, design and manage processes and controls, and collaborate with senior leadership as we grow, both organically and through acquisition.
If you are willing to perform all day-to-day accounting tasks, as well as tackle issues as they arise, create an efficient operation, and take initiative to provide management with decision-making tools, this is a great role in which to grow with us.
ROLE AND SCOPE
The Senior Accountant provides accounting for several EU entities to ensure timely reporting to senior management, managing all financial processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manage staff accountants entering data into accounting software.
• Ensure that all accounting operations and data entry are processed accurately.
• Manage relationships with the external accounting firms and auditors in Italy, Spain, France, and Germany.
• Manage and process payments, invoicing, and perform intracompany reconciliation.
• Reconcile the books monthly and provide timely reporting to senior management and regulatory agencies.
• Develop, recommend and enhance periodic reporting and dashboard to senior management to facilitate decision-making.
• Manage suppliers’ contracts, develop and maintain good vendor relationships.
• Review and approve office and travel expenses as per defined policy. Suggest enhancement and process efficiency.
• Manage third-party tax and accounting vendors to ensure accurate, timely tax payments and payroll processing.
• Work with Accounting Manager to establish appropriate financial controls.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in accounting.
• English as a working language, other European language (especially French) an asset.
• Work experience with French and/or US accounting standards, regulations and systems preferred, but not required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of accounting standards.
- Proficient with technologies, including accounting information systems, and MS Office. Familiarity with Netsuite and QuickBooks online a plus.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, including use of pivot tables.
- Absolute discretion, confidentiality. Trustworthiness must be your strong suit.
- Excellent ability to prioritize, managing time effectively.
- Reliability, timeliness, and a sense of urgency.
- Compliance-focused – in policies, regulations, and laws.
- A structured, organized, analytical and hands-on approach to tasks and initiatives.
- Dedication to accuracy and detail, especially with numbers.
- Ability to produce clear, concise analysis for senior management review.
- A strong collaborative mindset and ability to quickly form relationships, internally and externally.
- Diplomacy and effective communication.
- Self-starter who can resolve issues under their own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel within Western Europe
- Valid work permit in the European Community
To be considered for the role, interested candidates should provide a cover letter and CV to Kris Zaepfel, VP HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.