Location for this role is flexible around Alira Health locations Germany and/or UK
The Global Market Access team at Alira Health brings together a global team with associates worldwide, with deep knowledge of European and American health systems, all passionate about their topic: ranging from Pricing and Reimbursement, Health Economics and Outcome Research to Real-World Evidence and Market Access.
The MedTech team supports numerous clients in most key therapeutic areas, with both established and niche medical technologies. This role will enable the market access and evidence generation strategies for all categories of MedTech companies: Medical Devices, Diagnostics and Digital Health. With an extensive network of manufacturers, public/private payers and healthcare providers and policy makers; we aim to support our clients in the transformation of healthcare to improve access to healthcare workers and patients.
The Medical Device & Digital Health Senior Consultant is a critical member of the Alira Health case team. She/He will fully own assigned analyses and work streams, develop and deliver components of the client engagement, and contribute to the success of each project.
She/He will primarily support the development and execution of the Medical Devices & Digital Health strategy for pharmaceutical clients at a global or regional level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Global Market Access
- Develop global value dossiers and advisory board briefing books.
- Identify evidence gaps in clinical data needed for optimal reimbursement and design appropriate strategies to generate payer-relevant data.
- Review country specific HTA reports to identify payer needs and inform clinical trial development.
- Define the payer value proposition in line with the product/brand strategy.
- Translate payer value propositions into pricing and reimbursement (P&R) dossiers, considering the specificities of each individual market.
- Support the conduct of primary payer research to anticipate payer needs.
Health Economic and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Assist in the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
- Assist in the design, development, conduct, and/or management of primary and secondary non-interventional studies and HEOR models, plus appropriate communication and tools to support access decisions.
- Conduct secondary research to identify and collect information on specific therapeutic areas and/or specific drug classes.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Graduate with an excellent academic record in life sciences, economics/business, and/or experience in the health care industry; Postgraduate degree such as Masters, MPH, or Ph.D. in the area of Health Outcomes/Health Economics is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the payer/health technology assessment (HTA) environment and evolution across Italy, Germany and/or the UK.
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably within the MedTech industry, health technology assessment (HTA) agencies, or healthcare consultancy companies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve unstructured or ambiguous challenges
- Flexible to accommodate changing priorities, with a positive and “can-do” attitude
- Excellent business English, both written and verbal. Additional language is a plus (German, Italian, French, or Spanish).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, at all levels in an organization
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Self-starter who thrives in collaborative, yet less structured team environment.