The Senior Consultant is a critical member of the Alira Health team. Senior Consultants work closely with Associate Directors and Directors to solve challenging client questions.
Senior Consultants fully own assigned analyses and workstreams, develop, and deliver components of the client engagement, and drive the success of each project and develop long-term engagement with our clients.
The Senior Consultant will primarily be involved in local French Market Access Projects, such as: patient pathways development, public affairs strategies, organizational impact analysis, pre-launch local market access activities, dossier development for authorities (HAS, CEPS), etc.
Depending on level of fluency in English, the Associate may also be called upon to collaborate with the Global Market Access team in charge of global activities: development of payer value propositions, development of global value dossiers, market access plans, primary market research, global access and pricing strategies, etc.
Global Market Access Activity
At Alira Health, the Market Access team in France is fully embedded within the Global Market Access practice. It brings together about 10 people in France, multidisciplinary experts, with deep knowledge of the French health system and organizations, all passionate about topics ranging from Pricing and Reimbursement, Health Economics and Outcome Research, Real-World Evidence to Public Health.
The Paris Team support a wide variety of clients – Pharma and MedTech manufacturers, public payers, and healthcare providers and industry organizations – in defining innovations, optimizing treatment pathways, and improving patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Project work (>70% of time)
Patient Pathway and Care Organization
- Identify access touchpoints all along the patient and healthcare journey.
- Design solutions to solve public health issues, improve patient experience and optimize health expenditures.
- Identify funding models and associated evaluation methods.
- Prepare and support discussions with institutions/health authorities.
- Characterize and measure organizational impacts of innovative drugs and medical devices throughout the patient journey.
- Prepare implementation for solutions.
- Develop platforms for policy proposals (position papers, white papers, reports, etc.) linked to market access issues.
- Define stakeholders’ engagement plans.
Market Access and HEOR
- Develop value dossiers and advisory board briefing books. Identify evidence gaps in clinical data for optimal reimbursement and design appropriate strategies to generate payer-relevant data.
- Define payer value proposition in line with the product/brand strategy.
- Translate payer value propositions into pricing and reimbursement (P&R) dossiers, considering the specificities of the French market.
- Lead the conduct of primary payer research to anticipate payer needs.
- Assist clients in the definition of early access strategies and in the development of evidence generation strategies to support the value demonstration of pre-launch and/or marketed products in relevant disease/therapeutic areas.
Business Development (up to 20% of time)
- Research organizations/individuals to identify new potential leads and generate new markets.
- Contact potential clients via email, phone, social media messaging, or at in-person events to establish a relationship and secure meetings.
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing customers.
- Regularly contact prospects, former clients and current clients regarding the company’s products and services.
- Pitch products and/or services directly to leads.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations, develop customized quotes and proposals.
HR Management (up to 10%)
- Provide oversight and direction to staff aligned with the organization’s policies / procedures, vision, mission statement, and values. Appropriately communicate organization information.
- Coach and develop staff for continuous learning and further career development planning.
- Conduct performance reviews as aligned with the Company Performance Management processes, including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees (as applicable). Oversee new employee onboarding.
- Provide feedback on employee performance through recognition/rewards with guidance from Human Resources.
- Maintain staffs work schedules including workload and assignments, training, holidays and paid time off, and travel.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- University degree with an excellent academic record in pharmacy, life sciences, public health or economic background. Postgraduate degree such as Master or Ph.D. in Public Health is preferred. Degrees in the areas of Market Access or Health Economics and Outcomes Research are considered.
- At least 5 years of professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry, public agencies, or healthcare consultancy companies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve unstructured or ambiguous challenges.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- Proven project management experience, from interaction with client through deliverable.
- Flexible to accommodate changing priorities, with a positive and “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent business French, both written and verbal.
- Intermediate English level is a minimum requirement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Self-starter who thrives in collaborative, yet less structured team environment.
- Supervisory role of consultants, and directly or indirectly, associates, interns/analysts.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Few travels at customers in France and in European Alira Health offices.
- Flexible work environment, with a balance office and remote working.
- Training opportunities for personal development.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.