The Staff Accountant ensures that all A/R and A/P transactions are posted regularly, invoices sent to clients, and payments to the vendors are made on an accurate and timely basis. Ensures documentation for all invoices and payments are properly maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and send out client and intercompany invoices as requested. Create project codes.
- Respond to all vendor and customer correspondence and inquires.
- Prepare and process weekly payments, including wires, checks, credit cards and Automated Clearing House (ACH).
- Manage and verify all expense reports, ensuring their compliance with company policies
- Prepare payables and receivables reports on bi-weekly basis.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts on monthly basis
- Manage electronic and paper filing of all vendor bills, customer invoices, bank statement and other supporting documents.
- Prepare reports as requested; use detailed tracking report to respond to client requests for expenses and cash forecasts.
- Assist in month-end closing process
- Perform other duties as requested.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or work equivalent.
- Minimum of 1+ years of A/R and A/P experience with a strong record of success in a work environment.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills required for role.
- Good organizational skills to plan, organize and prioritize workload are crucial for this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in English; knowledge of French, Spanish or German helpful, but not required.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online preferred.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.